The Charter Schools Program (CSP) at the U.S. Department of Education is seeking peer reviewers (field readers) to read and evaluate discretionary grant applications submitted under the program’s discretionary grant competitions. Serving as a peer reviewer is an excellent opportunity to contribute to our country’s education reform efforts by ensuring the effective allocation of federal grant funds to the most promising grant projects.
The purpose of the CSP is to increase national understanding of the charter school model and to expand the number of high quality charter schools available to students across the nation. The CSP provides financial assistance for the planning, program design, and initial implementation of public charter schools; evaluation of the effects of charter schools; and dissemination of information about charter schools and successful practices in charter schools.
Qualifications: The CSP is seeking peer reviewers with expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- State Educational Agency (SEA) charter school program grant administration
- Charter management organizations
- Charter school planning, program design, and implementation
- High-quality charter school start-up and expansion
- Charter school assessment and evaluation
- Charter school policy and research
- Charter school authorizing
- Charter school technical assistance and resources
- Charter school leadership and professional development
- Charter school administration and operation
How to Apply: If you would like to be considered as a peer reviewer for the CSP, please email a copy of your current resume or vitae to CharterSchools@ed.gov. Your resume should clearly address your charter school background or expertise.
Full post: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/psc/CallforCharterSchoolsProgramPeerReviewers_000.html